- Made in Germany
- Birkibuc – a durable, synthetic upper material with a nubuck leather-like texture and a soft backing
- Contoured cork footbed conforms to the shape of your foot and features pronounced arch support, a deep heel cup, and roomy toe box; lined with suede
- Lightweight EVA sole for cushioning and shock absorption
- To ensure longevity use the Birkenstock Shoe Care Kit
- Avoid extreme heat
Footbed material: Cork
THE ORIGINAL BIRKENSTOCK FOOTBED
The heart of all models is the original BIRKENSTOCK footbed. The construction, which has been thought out to the smallest detail and makes it feel like you're standing in sand, helps your feet feel as comfortable as possible for hours on end. This supports health and promotes wellbeing.
1. Deep heel cupThe very deep molding in the heel area supports the foot tissue and holds the heel bone firmly in its natural position. This provides the foot with nearly as much support when it is in a sandal as when it is in a closed shoe.
2. Interior and exterior longitudinal arch supportsThe arch supports that run alongside the sides of the footbed surround the tarsal bones inside and out. This gives the foot the stability it needs when it takes a step.
3. Transverse arch supportThe support that runs through the middle of the footbed stabilizes the metatarsal bone. In this way, the transverse arch support helps ensure that the foot has a naturally straight and solid stance.
4. Toe gripThere are raised indentations at the front of the footbed near the toes. Thanks to the toe grip the toes remain loose and spread out in their natural position. The indentations also support the natural rolling motion of the toes.
5. Footbed edgeThe footbed is drawn up especially high at the front. As a result, the high footbed edge protects the toes during the rolling motion of the foot.
THE ORIGINAL BIRKENSTOCK FOOTBEDThe original BIRKENSTOCK footbed is a shock absorption system and an exercise machine at the same time. With its anatomical moldings, it supports and relieves pressure on your feet when you walk. This provides relief for your feet, joints and back. It gives your feet firm support and supports the natural tissue. At the same time, it exercises your leg muscles.
1. DEEP HEEL CUPIt gives your feet firm support and supports the natural tissue.
2. Interior and exterior longitudinal arch supportsThese support the foot, providing firm grip when you walk.
3. TRANSVERSE ARCH SUPPORTThe transverse arch support ensures a natural, proper stance.
4. Toe gripThe toe grip provides an optimal guide for the toes, thus ensuring a natural rolling motion of the foot.
5. Footbed edgeThe footbed edge has been pulled up a little higher to protect your toes.