How do I care for the upper material of my BIRKENSTOCK shoes?
Please note the following information on caring for your BIRKENSTOCK products.
Birko – Flor
How do I know if I need a regular or a narrow width?
Is it normal for my feet to hurt after wearing my new BIRKENSTOCK shoes, how long does it take to break in a new pair?
Do you offer any sizing information?
Do you also offer vegan shoes?
Where can I find information on the various footbed types?
Where can I find details of the various materials (e.g. Birko-Flor)?
The footbed of my Birkenstocks has gotten dirty. What can I do?
- Light soiling: wipe the shoes with a damp sponge or cloth and leave them to dry at room temperature.
- Heavy soling: wipe the shoes with a damp sponge and soapy water (lots of soap, little water). Then stuff the shoes with newspaper and leave them to dry at room temperature for at least 36 hours.
Birko – Flor
- Depending on the degree of soiling, wipe with a dry or damp lint-free cloth. No shoe polish is necessary.
- You can remove dirt and dust with a standard rubber nubuck brush and/or a lint-free cloth.
- You should regularly nap the upper with a rubber nubuck brush and leave the shoes to dry at room temperature in order to retain their absorbent properties.
- Treat the product regularly with a colorless waterproofing spray.
- You can remove dust and dirt with a lint-free cloth.
- Scratches can be smoothed out with conventional shoe polish.
- In the event of salt and water stains, start by leaving the shoes to dry fully at room temperature and then wipe away the stains with a damp cloth. If necessary, smooth over with shoe polish in the same color as the leather.
- The fibers can be straightened with the rubber side of a nubuck brush.
- Treat the oiled leather on an alternate basis with standard leather wax and leather grease as per the manufacturer’s instructions. Always apply care products extremely sparingly.
- Individual water and grease stains, as well as scratches, can be removed by rubbing the leather with the ball of the hand.
- Only remove dust with a lint-free cloth.